Monday, September 25, 2017

Memorial service



We are grateful for the love and support we've received as we mourn the passing and celebrate the remarkable life of Lloyd Olson. 

Family and friends are invited to gather and remember Oly at noon Sunday, Oct. 1 at the Putnam Centennial Center (senior center), 719 E. Third St. in Cle Elum.

In lieu of flowers, donations of any amount may be made to a charity near and dear to Lloyd and Dorothy, Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy.

Donate here to Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy

The Parent Project MD site allows you to send a notification to Dorothy Olson's address, which is P.O. Box 190, Cle Elum, Washington, 98922.

Please feel free to share messages to the family in the comments below. 

Thank you.

The Olson family

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please feel free to share any messages to the family or memories of Lloyd.

Unknown said...

Chuck appreciated that Uncle Oly always made time to hang with him at family gatherings - promoting the outlaw in-law dance with the Barich clan. We loved his humor. I will always remember his comment on our upcoming retirement: "Wait til you see those magic checks keep coming when you aren't working. That's when the fun begins!"
Cousin Marie

Unknown said...

I was saddened to hear of the sudden loss of Uncle Oly. I am so glad he had spent a great day with his family ~ one of Oly's greatest joys. I cannot thank him enough for being there for us when Mom & Dad passed. Uncle Oly was a great support, steady and calming. My Dad enjoyed his visits so much & the only "Navy" guys in the family sharing Navy stories. I am thinking of you all and sending out a few prayers for you & Oly. Hugs!
Cousin Leslie

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Uncle Oly always made me smile whenever we had a conversation. His sense of humor would fill a room with laughter. I enjoyed listening to any story of his life he shared. For me he was a beacon of light that shined to make sure his life was full of love and caring for his family and friends. I miss you Uncle Oly!! Love Lisa

Mitch Denning said...

After 10 years as a secondary teacher, and five years as a high school assistant principal, I took a position at the Educational Service District 101 in Spokane as a curriculum coordinator. I served in this position for 10 years, prior to becoming a school superintendent. It was during my time at ESD that I met Lloyd while he was Chimacum School Superintendent. I learned a lot from him about leadership, decision-making and how a sense a humor could be an advantage as a school supt. The year he retired, 1989, I began my first superintendency. I have a number of wonderful memories of Lloyd, especially his warm smile. May God bless his family and close friends.